The NEO-7M module series brings the high performance of the u-blox 6 position engine to the miniature NEO form factor. u-blox 6 has been designed with low power consumption and low costs in mind. Intelligent power management is a breakthrough for low-power applications.
These receivers combine a high level of integration capability with flexible connectivity options in a small package. This makes them perfectly suited for mass-market end products with strict size and cost requirements.
- UART, USB, DDC (I2C compliant) and SPI interfaces
- Available in Crystal and TCXO versions
- Onboard RTC crystal for faster warm and hot starts
- 1.8 V and 3.0 V variants
- u-blox 6 position engine:
- Navigate down to –162 dBm and –148 dBm coldstart
- Faster acquisition with AssistNow Autonomous
- Configurable power management
- Hybrid GPS/SBAS engine (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS)
- Anti-jamming technology
- Simple integration with u-blox wireless modules
- A-GPS: AssistNow Online and AssistNow Offline services, OMA SUPL compliant
- Backward compatible (hardware and firmware); easy migration from NEO-5 family or NEO-4S
- LCC package for reliable and cost effective manufacturing
- Compatible with u-blox GPS Solution for Android
- Based on GPS chips qualified according to AEC-Q100
- Manufactured in ISO/TS 16949 certified sites
- Qualified according to ISO 16750
Power supply 2.7 V – 3.6 V / (NEO-7Q/6M) 1.75 V – 2.0V (NEO-7G)
Power consumption: 111 mW @ 3.0V (continuous) 33 mW @ 3.0V
Power Save Mode: (1 Hz) 68 mW @ 1.8V (continuous) 22 mW @ 1.8V Power Save Mode (1 Hz)
Backup power: 1.4 V – 3.6 V, 22 µA
Supported antennas: Active and passive
Nilson Amour Herschell (verified owner) – :
Verified review - view original
This module has an external antenna and built-in EEPROM.
Interface: RS232 TTL
Power supply: 3V to 5V
Default baudrate: 9600 bps
Works with standard NMEA (National Marine Electronics Association) sentences.
It can be used with raspberry pi also.