The Invent Arduino On-The-Go Kit is a budget Arduino kit for beginners small enough to fit in your backpack or even your pocket!
It comes with a USB On-The-Go cable which means that no matter where you are, even if you are caught in traffic you can just pull out your phone, connect your Arduino to it and start building something awesome, thanks to ArduinoDroid, a free Arduino IDE and compiler for Android phones.
It is cheap enough even for the most frugal hobbyists and it will definitely make a nice gift for your geek friend.
NB: Some older Android phones may not be compatible with the Arduino.
The Invent Arduino On-The-Go kit contains the following parts:
- Arduino Uno R3 with USB cable – 1
- HC-SR04 Ultrasonic Sensor – 1
- HC-SR501 PIR Motion Sensor – 1
- Photo Resistors (LDR) – 1
- Basic LEDs Red, Yellow, Green – 2 of each color
- Piezoelectric buzzer – 1
- BC547 NPN Transistor – 2
- Resistors 100Ω, 1kΩ, – 2 of each stated value
- 9 Volt Battery – 1
- 9 Volt Battery Clip –1
Connectors and cables
- Male to Male Jumper Wire Pack (15pcs of jumper wires) – 1
- Male to Female Jumper Wire Pack (15pcs of jumper wires) – 1
- Female to Female Jumper Wire Pack 10pcs of jumper wires) – 1
- Mini Breadboard – 1
- USB OTG Cable – 1
Check out this image of Arduino being programmed on phone at Project iSWEST 2017