The HT12E and HT12D are Encoder Decoder ICs suitable for remote control applications. Using the paired HT12E encoder and HT12D decoder, we can transmit 12 bits of parallel data serially.
HT12D simply converts serial data to its input (which could be from an RF receiver RF receiver) to 12 bit parallel data. These 12 bit parallel data is divided in to 8 address bits and 4 data bits.
Using 8 address bits we can provide 8 bit security code for 4 bit data and can be used to address multiple receivers by using the same transmitter.
- Wide Operating Voltage Range, 2.4V – 12V
- Low Power Consumption
- High Noise Immunity
- Low Standby Current
- 8 Bit Address and 4 Bit Data
- Minimal External Components
- On-Chip Oscillator, needs only 5% resistor
- Remote Control Systems
- Burglar Alarms
- Cordless Telephones
- Smoke & Fire Alarm Systems
- Security Systems
- Garage and Car Door Controllers
- Car Alarm Systems
Package comes in
- 1 HT12E Encoder (DIP-18 package)
- 1 HT12D Decoder (DIP-18 package)