This electronic door lock uses a solenoid to move an armature in or out. It is useful for projects and applications involving security door locks.
When no power is applied, the metal slug points out, but when 9V to 12V is applied to the coil, the slug pulls in and the whatever has been locked is opened.
Even though this door lock will work with 9V, it is best to power it with 12V since 9V will cause it to respond much slowly.
Also the current drawn while energizing the solenoid is high (500mA at 9V and 650mA for 12V) so do not use a 9V battery. Get a dedicated 12VDC Adapter instead if you can.
Here is how to connect the solenoid in order to drive it
- Fail secure; locked when power is off
- Secure and easy to operate.
- Ideal for desks, cabinets, windows or safes
- 12VDC (you can use 9-12 DC volts, but lower voltage results in weaker/slower operation)
- Draws 650mA at 12V, 500 mA at 9V when activated
- Designed for 1-10 seconds long activation time
Extension length: 9.8mm close
Lock Size: 53 x 39 x 25(mm)
- Bolt Dimension: 9.8 x 9(mm)
- Weight: 150g
There are no reviews yet.