The Arduino Fingerprint sensor makes adding fingerprint detection and verification to your project super simple.
- It contains a high powered DSP chip that does the image rendering, calculation, feature-finding and searching.
- Connect to any microcontroller or system with TTL serial, and send packets of data to take photos, detect prints, hash and search.
- Enroll new fingers directly – up to 162 finger prints can be stored in the onboard FLASH memory.
- There’s a red LED in the lens that lights up during a photo so you know its working.
- Supply voltage: 3.6 – 6.0VDC
- Operating current: 120mA max
- Peak current: 150mA max
- Fingerprint imaging time: <1.0 seconds
- Window area: 14mm x 18mm
- Signature file: 256 bytes
- Template file: 512 bytes
- Storage capacity: 162 templates
- Safety ratings (1-5 low to high safety)
- False Acceptance Rate: <0.001% (Security level 3)
- False Reject Rate: <1.0% (Security level 3)
- Interface: TTL Serial
- Baud rate: 9600, 19200, 28800, 38400, 57600 (default is 57600)
- Working temperature rating: -20C to +50C
- Working humidity: 40%-85% RH
- Full Dimensions: 56 x 20 x 21.5mm
- Exposed Dimensions (when placed in box): 21mm x 21mm x 21mm triangular
- Weight: 20 grams
- Arduino interface library on github
- Datasheet (its not really a great datasheet and its Chinese but its better than nothing)
- Windows-only test software